Thank you to attendees, panelists, and sponsors who made our COVID-19 & The Road Building Industry webinar series a great success. We have concluded this series and created a new on-going platform for ORBA Webinars. Please click here for more information.
In case you missed it, ORBA has created a complimentary webinar library that includes all webinars from our COVID-19 & The Road Building Industry Series and more. Please see below for list of webinars and descriptions.
Occupational Health & Safety
Friday, May 1, 2020
This webinar will provide viewers with information on what to expect from inspectors during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our panel of industry experts discussed:
- Overview of health and safety best practices related to COVID-19 and available resources to help.
- The bigger picture: Not losing sight of overall safety initiatives and programs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Business continuity in the COVID-19 era and tips on how to adapt.
- Internal compliance and best practices on meeting all health and safety requirements.
- Health & safety issues to consider when implementing additional measures related to COVID-19.
- Paul Devoe, Manager Regional Operations, Infrastructure Health and Safety Association (IHSA)
- John Savoia, Senior Manager, Health and Safety, The Powell Group LLC.
- John Serafini, Manager, Health and Safety, Dufferin Construction Company
- Cindy Wilkins, Senior Manager, Health, Safety and Environmental Affairs, The Miller Group
Innovative Solutions in Worksite Safety
Friday, May 8, 2020
Health and safety practices are evolving in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. This webinar discussed innovative solutions and best practices in implementing solutions during COVID-19.
- DIG-CON’s development of portable, foot-pump operated, hand sanitizing stations and overview logistics implementing the stations, how they function, costs and the benefits for workers now and beyond the pandemic.
- Pioneer Construction’s implementation of thermal temperature screeners and overview of health and safety measures around temperature readings.
- Unique challenges of working in Ontario’s remote norther regions and approach toward the logistics of daily business practices during COVID-19.
- Protect Technologies overview of AEGIS Microbe Shield, used by Metrolinx and Go Transit.
- Sam DiGregorio, President & CEO, DIG-CON International Ltd.
- John Scanlon, Safety Manager, Pioneer Construction Inc.
- Malcolm Croskery, Chief Operations Officer, Pioneer Construction Inc.
- Colin Dickey, President, Protect Technologies
COVID-19 and the Road Building Workplace: Labour & Employment Law
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
Looking at the road building workplace through the lens of COVID-19, this webinar will help you understand and navigate the below highlights. These topics are essential in assessing risk and developing a plan moving forward during the global pandemic.
- government legislation and regulations,
- collective agreements, and
- employment contracts and common law principles.
- Keith Burkhardt, Sherrard Kuzz LLP
Cash Flow Strategies & Government Relief amid COVID-19
Friday, May 29, 2020
This webinar offers immediate steps you can take to manage your cash flow during this challenging time. Focusing on tax measures and government programs, it is designed to help you uncover the liquidity options hidden in your business. You will learn::
- How to choose the right government programs to support your business.
- How to lower your income tax installments.
- Scott Jarrett, Partner, Assurance & Accounting, BDO Canada
- Justin Mastrangelo, Partner, Domestic & Transaction Tax, BDO Canada
- Jennifer Lucier, Senior Tax Manager, Domestic & Transaction Tax, BDO Canada
- Hali Van Vliet, Vice President, People Advisory, BDO Canada
Generously Sponsored By:
Click here to learn more about PGC Services COVID-19 Disinfection Services.
Click here to download their information word document.
Occupational Health & Safety – The Next Level
Friday, June 5, 2020
This webinar will expand on webinar one and provide viewers with information on occupational health and safety. Our panel will discuss:
- IHSA COVID-19 site consultation results and trends.
- COVID Response – How are companies managing training?
- Job Hazard Analysis – Best practices for improving safety communication to your crew.
- Internal Traffic Protection Plans – Safety “inside the barrels.”
- Policy for “safe return to work for an employee who has tested positive.”
- Thermal Screening.
- Stewart Day, Health & Safety Director, Mobilinx
- Paul Devoe, Manager, Regional Operations North and West, IHSA
- John Savoia, Senior Manager, Health and Safety, Powell Group Of Companies
- John Serafini, Manager, Health and Safety, Dufferin Construction Company / Demix Construction, A division of CRH Canada Group Inc.
- Jason Warren, HSE Director, Dragados Canada
How to Prepare for the Electronic Logging Device Mandate and Navigating Paperless Operations & Technologies
Friday, June 12, 2020
This webinar will expand on how COVID-19 has affected the job site and discuss tools and technologies available to help navigate new safety measures required for work.
- How can companies prepare for the Electronic Logging Device federal mandate and what are the available resources to help?
How can job sites minimize exposure to, and help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- What kind of tools support going paperless?
- What resources are available to make the transition to paperless operations?
- In the long run, how will the construction industry change?
- MTO protocols for electronic ticketing options and safe handling of paper tickets.
- Bob Ferrall, Vice President of Client Services and Operations, Descartes PinPoint
- Noah Dology, CEO & Founder, Tread Inc.
- Bart Kanters, President, Concrete Ontario
Getting Ontario’s Economy Moving – The Greater Construction Sector’s Approach
Friday, June 26, 2020
This webinar covered the greater construction sector’s approach to getting Ontario’s Economy Moving.
- Contractor’s perspective on the challenges faced over the past three months and approach moving forward as economy opens up and as construction is vital to economic recovery.
- Major equipment supplier’s perspective on the global supply chain, the pandemic’s impact on inventory and how challenges have been overcome to meet customers’ needs.
- An overview on the impact the pandemic has had on the Surety industry, and the facilities available to contractors to increase their financial liquidity in order to optimize future opportunities as governments look to increased spending on infrastructure to help drive the economic recovery.
- Rocky Coco, President, Coco Group
- Michael Rugeroni, Vice President of Sales-Road and Minerals, Brandt Tractor Ltd.
- David Smith, National Vice-President and Surety Leader of Intact Surety and The Guarantee Company of North America