Ontario Road Builders’ Association (ORBA) promotes and supports the growth on Ontario’s transportation infrastructure industry.
To support the future of the industry, ORBA is pleased to provide financial assistance to students in civil engineering, technology and technicians programs in the form of four scholarships.
- Joe Bunting Scholarship – $3,000.00, awarded to a student entering the final year of a Civil Technology/Technician program at an Ontario college or equivalent.
- J.D. Chick Scholarship – $3,000.00, awarded to a student entering the final year of a Civil Engineering program at an Ontario university.
High School Students
- Civil Technology Scholarship – $2,000.00, awarded to a student graduating from an Ontario high school and entering the first year of a Civil Technology/Technician program at an Ontario College or equivalent.
- Civil Engineering Scholarship – $2,000.00, awarded to a student graduating from an Ontario high school and entering the first year of a Civil Engineering program at an Ontario university.
Applicants must complete an application with the following attachments.
- Proof of enrollment in the final year of a Civil Engineering/Technology/Technician program at an Ontario college, university or equivalent.
- Official transcript of your marks and progress in your program, including the most current information available.
- An essay, not exceeding 500 words, describing why you are pursuing a post secondary engineering or engineering technology education and discussing your goals in pursuing a career in civil engineering/technology.
- Past work experience, including full-time, part-time and summer work, with employer letters of reference. Highlight any experience directly related to the civil construction or broader construction industry.
- Information about activities, special projects or volunteer activities that demonstrate a commitment to your local community, school or charitable organization. Please include testimonial letters.
Recipients are required to attend the Awards Breakfast at the Annual ORBA Convention, which will be held on Tuesday, February 5, 2019, at The Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto (overnight accommodations to be paid by ORBA, if required).